Ayla's Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese
- I'm a self taught baker. Not a great one though, not yet =p
- Since Syahmi has been working out in the gym, I feel obliged to care for my diet too.
- Being a sweet tooth, I still want to have some sugar ie. dessert. So I thought, "Hey! Why not make a carrot cake! Since it contains carrot, it must be healthier than chocolate mud cake!"
- I was wrong. The cake turned out to be too sweet for my liking. Hence I have reduced the amount of sugar in the recipe below.
- Happy trying y'all!
|From left: Shredded carrots, pistachios and apricot.|
- 1 1/4 cup & 1 Tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 cup minus 1 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1/4 cup minus 1/2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 3/4 cup of Vegetable Oil (can use Olive oil instead yeah? But not Extra virgin though. You don't want the taste of Olive to overpower.)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups of Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup of Dried Apricot (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Pistachios (can use any nuts you want)
|STEP 1: Mix shredded carrots, pistachios and apricot with a tablespoon full of flour. This is to avoid from these ingredients to sink to the bottom of baking pan when baking.|
|Step 2: Mix wet ingredients with both white and brown sugar. Beat with a whisk.|
|SSTEP 3: Mix in the remaining ingredients and continue beating.|
- STEP 4: Pour into a non-stick baking tray. Or use baking paper to avoid the cake from sticking to the baking tray. I made cup cakes instead.
- STEP 5: Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- STEP 6: Top it with cream cheese icing.
- STEP 7: Eat y'all!
|Moist carrot cake with awesomely sweet cream cheese topping (cream cheese masih belum perfect tapi still sedappppp!)|
- Bake extra, give your neighbours and friends.
- It helps to tighten bond juga kan. InshaAllah everyone will be happy and moga you diberi extra pahala for brighten up their day =)
- Tangan yang memberi itu lebih baik dari yang menerima, no?
- Good luck.
Carrot cake with cream cheese topping, DONE.