I Am A Sunni

Assalamualaikum

  • I was walking with my friends in a street in Milan (either Milan or Rome) when a group of three walked towards us with that "yes we are looking at you since you are interesting" stare. As they walked past us I heard them say ".... Sunni."
  • They even turned their heads to keep looking at us! I looked at one of them in the eye before we made the turn. 
I captured this back in December 2006. Faro, Portugal. The beach is super clean.
Such a beautiful place to be enjoyed with your family. 

  • I have never experienced such event here in Malaysia. And I never wonder why as I believe that most of us are Sunni(s). No? But when we saw or met a Muslim who doesn't wear or pray like we do, we would make comments too!
  • I bet some of you readers have had the experience to live abroad and met different types of Muslims ie. those who embraces Islamic teachings from other Imams. We sort of have the idea on how do they lead their lives which I hope that you do share with your family, friends and acquaintances. 
  • Syahmi has a Kuwaiti friend who once said that he performs Fajr Solah. Instead of saying Subuh, he uses the word Fajr (Fajar). To him, Subuh is already past the perfect time for morning prayer. So how do you deal with that?
Oh please don't compare a beach in Port Dickson to Faro =)
Raja Permaisuri enjoying her Cuti-Cuti Malaysia.

  • Being a Sunni is normal when you are in Malaysia. But just picture this; You are stuck with 5 other Syiah(s) in a room. When you perform your Zuhur prayer, they would just watch you. When you perform Asar prayer, they would pray besides you with a stone in front of them plus they do quite a number of times of Takbir during Tahiyat. 
  • What would you react to that? For first timers mesti senyap aje kan sambil mengambil langkah berjaga-jaga. Hehe. What ever it is and whoever you meet, make sure you are proud of being a Sunni and confident in the teachings you have embraced. Alright =)
  • Some of the Syiah muslims do not perform prayer five times a day. It's like they are allowed to Qada' even at home on a daily basis. I am not really sure on the details. Forgive me if I'm wrong since the above is merely based on my experience with a group of Syiah(s). 

Babe in Bandung, Indonesia. 
  • To my dear readers, lets together educate our offsprings and expose them to the real world of Islam. Do not solely rely on their Ustaz or Ustazah at school. Just look at us. Do you think what our Ustaz or Ustazah had told us back in school is enough? 
  • May Allah guide us all 24/7.
  • I've always thought that Doa Qunut is crucial (wajib) in Subuh prayer! Not until Syahmi came into my life. I had to re-sit my PAFA test because I failed to recite Doa Qunut in my Subuh prayer. How pathetic is that. (Ok kenapa I tak blame diri sendiri? Macam mana I nak cari kalau I yakin ia Wajib? Haha)
  • To mama and abah, I am not insulting or belittling you. Do not get me wrong here. My Ustazah teachings might had overpowered your messages back then. =)

  • Alright as promised, below is my Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce recipe. 
  • Happy trying! =D

Ayla's Luscious Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce



Ingredients:
  • A piece of chicken breast
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Rosemary
  • Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • Butter
  • Cream
  • Shitake mushrooms
  • Chicken stock
  • Garlic
  • Ground Mustard
Method:

Leave to rest while making mushroom sauce.

  1. Slice the chicken breast in half but not to cut through into 2 pieces.
  2. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and rosemary.
  3. Fry the chicken breast in 1 tbsp of EVOO on a flat pan until golden brown as above. About 4 to 6 minutes on each side to avoid dry texture.
  4. Leave to rest on a plate for further cooking on its own.

Mushroom Sauce: 
(You might want to alter the amount of each ingredient according to your taste)
  1. Slice a clove of garlic thinly.
  2. Slice 2 to 3 Shitake mushrooms. Not too much as it has a strong taste. 
  3. Fry sliced garlic and mushroom in 1 tbsp of butter on a pan. 
  4. Add in 1/4 cube of powdered chicken stock.
  5. Add in 1/5 cup of water.
  6. Add in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cream (depending on the amount you want).
  7. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of ground mustard. 
  8. Mix everything until the sauce is slightly thickens. 
  9. Pour over the chicken breast, serve with broccoli and eat!


Comments

Popular Posts