- Alhamdulillah, another Friday for me. Friday has been my favorite day of the week since I started schooling.
- When I was in boarding school, Friday was the best day. A huge bus would wait for us in front of the school foyer to bring us back home ie. K.L.
- When I was in UTP, I would catch a bus at 10pm on Friday to go back home. Be it on my own or with friends.
- When I was in KMB, my mom would wait for me in her car in front of the college surau on Friday to bring me home.
- When I was in Soton, I would catch an evening bus to the city.
- Friday is the only day in a week when muslims especially men perform Juma/Jummah/Jum'ah prayer (Friday prayer). The day when it gathers muslims in Masjids. We seldom see a Masjid is full of people on other days. But the hikmah behind Friday prayer, is/are indeed superb.
It is narrated by Abu Huraira and Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: It was Friday from which Allah diverted those who were before us. For the Jews (the day set aside for prayer) was Sabt (Saturday), and for the Christians it was Sunday. And Allah turned towards us and guided us to Friday (as the day of prayer) for us. In fact, He (Allah) made Friday, Saturday and Sunday (as days of prayer). In this order would they (Jews and Christians) come after us on the Day of Resurrection. We are the last of (the Ummahs) among the people in this world and the first among the created to be judged on the Day of Resurrection. In one narration it is: "to be judged among them." (Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1862; see also Numbers 1858-1861, 1863) -Source: answering-islam.org
|Allah. They purposely trimmed it that way =) Cairo, Egypt.|
- There is no Masjid in Soton Uni. There is only 1 tiny surau in Highfield campus. Therefore there were days when husband had to perform Friday prayer with other muslim men in a pub.
- Yes, Soton Uni. has a place for public gathering at night, The Cube which is bigger than the surau. Perhaps that is the only place where uni management allows muslims to perform Friday prayer.
- I personally prefer the huge garden und yard in front of the surau. Bentang tikar, solat ramai-ramai =D
- Syahmi did tell me that sometimes the floor would be all sticky and God knows what made it that way. Allah.
- Well, these are a few of the things that we got to experience while living abroad. Not like in Malaysia where everything is all set for us.
- And don't be surprised, most Malaysian muslims are good at performing solat in fitting room und sidewalk.
|Di Malaysia after Solat orang cari rojak und cendol kan, in Egypt kami cari fresh juice! 1 Genih aja per glass. Nyaman!|
- To muslim men, please do not come up with silly excuses for you to skip Friday prayer.
- Yang selalu lepak makan Manhattan, Dome, Kenny Rogers oder Nandos etc. di Subang Parade time Friday prayer tu, silalah langkah ke Masjid opposite Subang Parade tu. I tak rasa you guys musafir sebab pakai baju office siap dengan tag tergantung dekat leher yang I tahu tu tag office dekat keliling Subang Parade.
- Malulah budak-budak tengok you and ajar perkara tak baik. Esok lusa if Almira and Amir ask me "Aunty Ayla kenapa dia orang ni tak pergi Friday prayer?", how am I going to answer??
- Nikmat Solat Jumaat ni banyak. You just need to search for it in books oder google.
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle talked about Friday and said, "There is an hour (opportune time) on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand." And he (the Prophet) pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands. (Sahih Bukhari 2.57)
- Moga Allah s.w.t. senantiasa membahagiakan kita semua.
There was once, Almira's diaper dah penuh dengan her stool and her nanny mintak tukar diaper. As she entered a room and saw me getting ready for Zuhur prayer, she replied to her nanny :
"Iya nak solat dulu atak Wati".