The Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side?
Back in Highfield Jr. School (Birmingham), I was the only Malay Muslim (10 year-old then) that got to join the school band playing soprano/descant recorder (bigger than the normal recorder we learned at sekolah kebangsaan). At almost every assembly, I sat in front of the crowd und played my soprano recorder gracefully. My younger brother, all other students und teachers sang along to the melodious rhythm. Und with one such experience, is grass still greener on the other side?
- Most of us always think that we would be happier in a different set of circumstances. Failing to embrace und appreciate what we are having right now are two of the many factors.
- When we see a married couple with a pair of twins, oh boy how we wish that we too have a set of twins.
- When we heard that a 29 year-old man is making millions of Ringgit in a year, we wish that we are making money like him.
- When we see a married lady in a pair of Louboutin driving a Maserati, oh how we wish that we are living her luxurious life.
- What is wrong with our lives that we always want what others are having?
So do not become weak (against your enemy), nor be sad, and you will be superior (in victory) if you are indeed (true) believers. - Quran 3:139
- Well, it is not wrong to work hard in order to get a better life aber lets not forget to be grateful with whatever we have.
- Making other successful personal as a model is not wrong. Striving to be a better person by having someone else as a model is not wrong too.
- Aber we should not complain as everything that we have right now is a gift from Allah s.w.t. Complaining would then make us ungrateful with the gifts, eyh?
- Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... well, NO.
- If we see that our green grass is turning to yellow und our flowers are slowly wilting, then we should quickly do something.
- If we have no green hands, then go and find a gardener to help.
- If we have little knowledge about life und Islam, ask for guidance from Allah s.w.t. und seek help from those who know.
- So that at the end of the day, our grass remains green even though we are no longer living in this world.
|Just uploaded Zara shoulder bag on The Sale.|
Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (ie. Paradise in the Hereafter) - Quran 16:97
|Zara Camel handbag is now available on The Sale!|