This Piece Of Meat


Bismillahirahmanirrahim
Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

Aunt Lina (mom's friend, cousin's sister in law) just lost her daughter. She was 19 ++ year-old when she passed away at about 12:30pm yesterday. Al-Fatihah.


It was quite a struggle for me to stay in Syahmi's kampung at first.
The environment und amenities are way different from what I'm having
in the city. Und the last time I visited my own set of grandparents in kampung
was back in the year 1996, just before mom, brothers und me left for England.
They then passed away in 1997 while we were still in the land where milkmen exist.
  • I was having my lunch break when mom texted me about Laila, Aunt Lina's daughter. I had no idea on how she looked like aber mom told me that she did attend my wedding reception oder/und Mr. Josey's. SubhanAllah. Please forgive me for my forgetfulness aber thank you Laila.
  • When I arrived at Aunt Lina's home which is only 10 minutes away from mine, Laila was still there in the living hall with white translucent sheet covering her face. Aunt Lina was calm und manage to share how she misses having Laila around. 
  • Sitting next to Laila und witnessing people reciting surah Yassin und making Doa for her, made me think of my own death. I wonder how my life will end und how will I go through alam Barzakh, Akhirah etc. 
The last letter I received from my late bestfriend, arwah Ayu before she left England
for Malaysia. Her father, Uncle Amir had just passed away about 3 months ago (if I'm not mistaken).
Uncle Amir would converse with me in English every time we met.
Other than his wife's luscious chicken wings (that she always made back in England), I will
always remember that Uncle Amir und family attended my wedding reception all the way from Kelantan.
Respect.

"Sesungguhnya dalam diri manusia itu ada seketul daging. Jika daging itu baik, maka baiklah seluruh anggota badannya tetapi seandainya daging itu rosak dan kotor, maka kotor dan rosaklah seluruh anggota badannya. Daging yang dimaksudkan ini adalah hati." - Hadis riwayat Bukhari dan Muslim daripada Nu'man bin Basyir
  • Honestly, I do find it difficult to stay positive. Like, you know, how to avoid from having doubt und let it "control" your life. I need constant reminder in any ways. 
  • We are always busy arranging schedule for meetings with other people aber we forget about "meetings" with our spouse or family. 
  • Go to work in the morning, come back home in the evening then sleep at night. Again go to work in the morning, come back home in the evening then sleep at night. Routine. 
  • What if one day, we go to work in the morning und come home in the evening just to find our loved one is gone. 
  • Are we all set for that?
Rasulullah s.a.w bersabda yang bermaksud: "Orang pintar ialah sesiapa yang memuliakan dirinya serta membuat persediaan untuk kehidupan selepas mati, sementara orang bodoh ialah sesiapa yang membiarkan dirinya mengikut hawa nafsu tetapi mengharapkan cita-citanya dikabulkan oleh Allah."(Riwayat At-Tirmidzi)

   

Popular Posts