Handy

Bismillahirahmanirrahim
Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

A sahabat, aunties, cousin's son, mama und I myself are unwell. Please pray for all of us. May Allah protect all of us from harm.
"Dan sungguh akan Kami berikan cubaan kepadamu dengan sedikit ketakutan, kelaparan, kekurangan harta, jiwa dan buah-buahan. Dan berikanlah berita gembira kepada orang-orang yang sabar, (yaitu) orang-orang yang apabila ditimpa musibah mereka mengucapkan 'Inna lillaahi wa innaa ilaihi roji'uun' (Dari Allah kita datang kepada Allah kita akan kembali). Mereka itulah yang mendapat keberkatan yang sempurna dan rahmat dari Tuhan mereka, dan mereka itulah orang-orang yang mendapat petunjuk ". (Surah  Al-Baqarah : 155-157).

  • I had very low energy on Monday.  I was all drowsy und figured out it must be due to the excessive blood 'oozing' out. Pergh. Exaggerate. Due to that, I decided to shop online for groceries especially for heavy und bulky items. Well, obviously I do not have the heart to let my husband carries everything from our car to the kitchen on his own. No no.
  • Other than kilos of rice, bottled water et cetera, I ordered some galangal, ginger, potatoes and other vegetables. I didn't know how much oder how big 300g of galangal und ginger are so I was gobsmacked when I saw the size und amount of these two items in my shopping bag ;-

  • Allahuakbar! I just needed two to three inches und look what I got myself... Usually it took me about two to three weeks to finish a 4 inches long ginger. Aber now I have enough to last us for months! Well, I do believe that these ginger und galangal will turn bad within a few weeks so I decided to mince the ginger und add a bit of salt (husband's suggestion) oder a dash of vinegar to preserve the ginger paste. Will google for the best homemade ginger paste soon.
  • Since this morning I had uterine cramps (not due to me raising a 'red flag' aber I guess it was due to the side effect of the test I went through last Saturday), I left the heavy items right in front of our main door for husband to sort them out. It was very difficult for me to bend down due to muscle contractions. Dugaan. Alhamdulillah.
  • Und before husband settled on the dining chair for dinner, he quickly sorted out the bottled drinks, rice und shopping bags. Such a big hand. Danke schon. 

Hahahahahaha. Bertuah punya isteri. Some 'souvenirs' for husband
to sort out when he's back. Yeah, just leave everything in front of the pots of herbs.
Hehe =D


  • I did ask for 'power food' ideas from my step mom und she suggested that I make simple chicken soup with ginger und garlic. Since I did not purchase chicken from Tesco, I prepared Ikan Singgang instead. Yes, with ginger, garlic, onions (should have used shallots instead) und galangal.  Und guess what this lady had her Singgang with . . . 
Tadaa!
  • Haha! Yes, the only brand that is available at Tesco Online. I really had to have singgang with budu. It had been months since I last consumed it. Well, with sliced chillies, thinly sliced shallots und some lime juice mixed together with budu, walla! 
  • You don't have to be a Kelantanese to like budu. My husband who is not a Kelantanese, likes it too! He even requested for his mom to mail budu from Malaysia to our home back in England. Funny guy ;-) 
  • Hopefully budu does not interfere with the healing process. Woosh.

Demi Allah, Aunty Ayla misses you und Albanna so much.
I love you.
  • Alhamdulillah. I had hoped for online groceries shopping in Malaysia since the year 2010. I do not shop online because I am too lazy to go out. I only shop online when we are in a situation that does not permit us to go out. We used to shop for groceries online back in Southampton because we did not have a car. It was quite a hassle for us to carry bulky items on und off the bus plus we had to walk quite a bit from the bus stop to our home. 
  • I remember we used to walk kilometres while pulling und pushing 10kilograms of rice on a trolley I bought from Ebay UK. Dush.
  • Bibi, do you remember that?
  • Well, this is one of the things that helps me in becoming quite optimistic than I was before. There is always a solution to a problem if und only if we believe in the power of Allah. He owns everything. Literally everything. He owns our ideas, our plans, He knows our actions, our intentions, und He knows what is inside our minds. 
  • Lets together be positive. As for me, I need to figure out on what should I do with the rest of galangal I have in the refrigerator.
  • =)

Comments

Popular Posts