Not Broken, Just Bent

Bismillahirahmanirrahim
Assalamualaikum w.b.t. 

The song is about the desire to hold on to a relationship even when it appears to be breaking down (source: songfacts.com) : Just Give Me A Reason by Pink.

  • Wife
  • Husband


Right from the start 
You were a thief 
You stole my heart 
And I was your willing victim
I let you see the parts of me
That weren't all that pretty
And with every touch you fixed them

Now you've been talking in your sleep, oh, oh
Things you never say to me, oh, oh
Tell me that you've had enough
Of our love, our love

I'm sorry I don't understand
Where all of this is coming from
I thought that we were fine
(Oh, we had everything)
Your head is running wild again
My dear we still have everythin'
And it's all in your mind
(Yeah, but this is happenin')

You've been havin' real bad dreams, oh, oh
You used to lie so close to me, oh, oh
There's nothing more than empty sheets
Between our love, our love

Oh, tear ducts and rust
I'll fix it for us
We're collecting dust
But our love's enough
You're holding it in
You're pouring a drink
No nothing is as bad as it seems
We'll come clean

Just give me a reason
Just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
I never stopped
You're still written in the scars on my heart
You're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again




I would like to go through this again. InsyaAllah.
Having my loved ones to witness my victory, is a bliss. 


  • See the good side of our spouse. Work things out together. Yes, together. When ever we don't feel at ease, talk und explain to our partner in a right manner. Do not shout oder scream.
  • After all we should figure things out without fighting. Again, lets digest this:
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said that Shaytaan sits on his throne daily and dispatches his agents to work among human beings. One of the agents returns and says that I made a certain person commit a sin, another says I got so and so involved in this offence. Upon listening to all this, Shaytaan says that you have done nothing great. Eventually, one representative comes and says that I saw a husband and wife extremely devoted to each other. I sowed the seeds of enmity between them. On hearing this, Shaytaan becomes happy and embracing his agent says that you have indeed achieved something great. [Mishkat] - taken from Dailyhadith.

  • Happy 95th Monthiversary b. You don't need to purchase me a supercar to prove your love towards me. I am sure you know what is important in keeping our relation away from the evil. May Allah s.w.t. keep protecting us und our family from the wrongdoers und evil for eternity.  
  • du liebst mich und ich liebe dich.  

Comments

Popular Posts