To Allah We Shall Return

Bismillahirahmanirrahim
Assalamualaikum w.b.t. 

Witnessing Aunty Aishah zikir / reciting "Allah. Allahu" on her bed all the time is truly a wake up call for me. It has helped me to realize that malaikat Izrail (angel of death) might come to me at anytime soon. Something that has been kept a secret from me. Yes, from all of us.

  • My beloved Aunty Aishah passed away on the 6th Ramadhan before Asar. May Allah s.w.t. rest her soul in peace.

  • After Zuhur prayer, at about 3:30pm, I went to HUKM with mama. We got out of home a bit late since mama had just arrived home from HUKM at around 11am plus plus. She had some sleep before we went out again. 
  • Once I stepped into the cancer ward, I heard Aunt Aishah's helper cried over the phone. We rushed to see Aunt Aishah und a male muslim doctor was checking on her. The doctor came out behind the curtain und came to me. With a very polite tone he said (the conversation went sort of like this) :
Doctor: Siapa waris terdekat?
Ayla : Itu. Kakak ipar dia. 

Aunt Aishah's sister in law und mama came to me und the Doctor. 
Doctor: BP dia sudah tidak dapat dibaca. Brain dia dah (something something. Can't remember.) Keadaan dia sangat tenat. Boleh lah ajar dia mengucap dan (something something. Aunty Siti was already in the room guiding Aunty Aishah on what to recite et cetera). Dah tak lama. 
Ayla: Oh.... thank you...

  • It was the moment that I never thought I would be put into. Having the doctor telling me this und that, it was a little bit difficult for me to digest. "Tak lama"? How long is "Tak Lama"?
  • So I grabbed a book of Surah Yassin on the table in front of Aunty Aishah und went to the lounge about 4-5 meters away from her und started to recite. Every ayat recited, made my heart pounding even faster. I took a glance at Aunty Aishah's unit once in awhile. Then continue reading. My heart felt uneasy so I stopped reciting just after only a few ayat und rushed to Aunty Aishah's unit. 
  • Everything went so fast. It was just about 3-4minutes since the doctor told me "Dah tak lama." Aber now I saw Aunty Aishah with her eyes closed, a muslim lady nurse on her left und the same musim male doctor standing beside her, checked on her. About less than 4-7 seconds I heard a sound came out of a machine; a monotonous tone. A familiar one. Just like on t.v. In a blink of an eye, I saw the doctor made Doa und pray to Allah s.w.t. for Aunty Aishah. I knew it, she was gone. 
  • Mama's friend who was inside with the doctor came out of the unit with a gesture confirming that Aunty Aishah was no longer with us.  
  • From Allah s.w.t. we came und to Him we shall return.


“But those who feared their Lord will be driven to Paradise in groups until, when they reach it while its gates have been opened and its keepers say, ‘Peace be upon you; you have become pure; so enter it to abide eternally therein.” (Quran 39:73)


  • Oh Allah s.w.t., please guide us all to the right path. Do not let us go astray as we want your Paradise aber not Hell fire. Oh Allah, protect us from the wrongdoers und Shaytan Iblis. We need You Allah. 

Comments

Popular Posts