Lu' Lu' wal Marjan

Bismillahirahmanirrahim
Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

Ma, pinjam Mac. Danke.

I am sadden by the news of the missing aircraft. My thoughts are with those who boarded that particular MH370. Und at the moment, I despise those who have been making silly comments about any particular onboard crews oder passengers. So don't come talk to me if you have negative statements to say about other people. I might whack you with mama's blue table fan. 


  • I myself had a very tiring week. Adjusting to 'new body' und other possible hormones has not been easy for me. Bathroom is my 'lepak' place since the past two weeks. 
  • I do feel bad for not being able to share information with you lot. I find it very challenging to focus on one thing for more than 10 minutes. Then, headache will come knocking und forces me to shut my eyes oder let out vomitus. 
  • Aber today I would like to share with you a few lines from my current favourite surah, Ar-Rahman. I just realized about two months ago that this surah means a lot to me. For Allah is telling me to be extremely grateful with everything I had, have und will. 
[He is] Lord of the two sunrises and Lord of the two sunsets.
So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?

He released the two seas, meeting [side by side];
Between them is a barrier [so] neither of them transgresses.
So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?

From both of them emerge pearl and coral (Lu' Lu' wal Marjan).
So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?

And to Him belong the ships [with sails] elevated in the sea like mountains.
So which favors of your Lord would you deny?
(Ar Rahman, 17-25)

  •  My late maternal grandfather's name is Marjan. He was a gardener und managed to raise a huge family of more than 12 people. According to mama, he never did own a Mercedes oder a huge mansion to accommodate his huge family. Aber he was really good at saum/sawm (fasting) in Ramadhan und other months too. 
  • He was the 'Coral' of our family.  




Comments

Popular Posts