Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum: Lesson 7
My step sister just gave birth to her second son on last Monday. She advised me to swim regularly during pregnancy. I'm not fond of swimming during the day aber yet to find time during the evening. May Allah ease. So you lot, go swimming.
|Husband with his red cap on during class. Silau katanya =D|
He didn't know that I secretly captured him on camera.
Hi bibi! Haha!
- As I mentioned on facebook that I was so exhausted yesterday thus I am only able to upload notes during Tuesday's class today.
- So the teacher (prefer to address the speaker as teacher in this blog) continued on the points about how the Quraish responded to Rasulullah s.a.w. da'wah. Aber before I reveal the points I would like to introduce you lot to the main culprits.
- May we learn at least a thing oder two from these notes.
The Quraish culprits:-
1) Abu Jahl - was known as Abu Hakam
2) Ummayah ibn Khalaf - the master of Bilal. He tortured Bilal ibn Rabah.
3) Utbah ibn Rabeeah - blood related to Rasulullah s.a.w.
4) Waleed ibn Mugheerah - linguistic und poetic. Father of Khalid AlWaleed.
5) Abu Lahab
Ibn Mas'ud (the man who recited surah Ar-Rahman in public und got attacked by the Quraish) said:-
- 7 of early converts, me, Abu Bakr, Ammar, Sumayyah, Shuaib, Bilal und Al Miqdad.
- Allah protected Rasulullah s.a.w. thru Abu Talib
- Allah protcted Abu Bakr thru his tribe
- As the rest of us, the Quraish rounded und tortured us aber only Bilal ibn Rabah withstood the Quraish
- So now we have a brief understanding on who were the culprits und the few things they did.
Response of the Quraish towards Rasulullah s.a.w. da'wah:
1) Appeal to the highest authority - Abu Talib to sort things out with Rasulullah s.a.w.
2) Ban the Quran - this was when ibn Mas'ud went out und recited surah Ar-Rahman in public
3) Ridicule the Prophet und the believers
4) False accusation und slander
5) Challenges to denounce
6) Attempts of a middle ground - negotiating with Rasulullah s.a.w. so that he accepted the Quraish request of 364 days of Islam und a day of denouncing Islam. A no no.
7) Outright torture - Verbal abuse, rant und ridicule (among noble people), boycott und trade sanctions (among business people), physical torture (slave und mawali)
8) Harming the Prophet specifically - Surah Al-Alaq (9-11)
9) Assignation plots - Fatimah found out und told her father. Rasulullah s.a.w did wudhu' und solat then took some sand und threw it in front of their faces und said "Shaahatil Wujuh" (May these faces be cursed).
|Adam is observant. If he were to live closer to me, I would have 'angkut' him with me to classes. Biar dia belajar dari kecil. Hehehehe.|
- Und since Rasulullah s.a.w. followers grew, they need more space. Khadijah's house could not accommodate more people thus they moved to Al Arqam.
Why Al Arqam's (Al Arqam ibn Al Arqam) place?:-
- He's a Banu Makhzum
- A young man thus the Quraish didn't expect anything from him
- He inherited the house
- Strategic location
- Bigger house
- The teacher then mentioned about migration to Abyssinia (Ethiopia) due to the stress the muslims had in Mekah. Some of them stayed for 14 years aber some returned to Mekah. This happened before the hijrah to Yathrib (Madinah).
- InsyaAllah I'll attend Lesson 8 und will keep on sharing with you lot the notes. If you have the book, please read it. I still don't have the book though =D
- May Allah bless us all.