The Sealed Nectar
We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins, of the palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team.
-Lorde : Team-
- It has been a while since I last attended any majlis kuliah due to the 24/7 pregnancy sickness. Aber alhamdulillah Syahmi und I managed to attend a lecture on Muhammad s.a.w. from the book Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum ie. The Sealed Nectar.
- It was the 6th session last night so we missed the first five. A very good one since the speaker shared more on sirah und events that occurred to the individuals during the times of Rasulullah s.a.w. My bad for not getting the speaker's name.
- As usual, I'll share the things I managed to type below:
Reasons on why sahabat(s) managed to embrace Islam und held on to it:
1) Accept Islam in total. NOT partially. This helps to increase Iman.
2) Steadfastness und firmness upon the truth. When asked to denounce Islam, they ignored.
5) Frequent supplicating to Allah s.w.t.
The speaker shared a story about alWaleed, Abu Jahl und Rasulullah s.a.w. Just before alWaleed could open his mouth, Rasulullah recited surah Al-Muddathir (11- 15 und most probably continue) to him. He couldn't take it und asked Rasulullah s.a.w. to shut his mouth.-:
11. Leave Me Alone (to deal) with whom I created Alone (without any means, i.e. Al-Walid bin Al-Mughirah Al-Makhzumi)!
12. And then granted him resources in abundance.
13. And children to be by his side!
14. And made life smooth and comfortable for him!
15. After all that he desires that I should give more;
16. Nay! Verily, he has been stubborn and opposing Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).
17. I shall oblige him to (climb a slippery mountain in the Hell-fire called As-Sa'ud, or to) face a severe torment!
18. Verily, he thought and plotted;
19. So let him be cursed! How he plotted!
20. And once more let him be cursed, how he plotted!
21. Then he thought;
22. Then he frowned and he looked in a bad tempered way;
23. Then he turned back and was proud;
24. Then he said: "This is nothing but magic from that of old;
25. "This is nothing but the word of a human being!"
26. I will cast him into Hell-fire
27. And what will make you know exactly what Hell-fire is?
28. It spares not (any sinner), nor does it leave (anything unburnt)!
29. Burning the skins!
30. Over it are nineteen (angels as guardians and keepers of Hell).
|The small musolla at the peak of Bukit Thursina.|
- Then came Utbah ibn Rabeeah to Rasulullah s.a.w. und offered him four things so that Rasulullah s.a.w. will stop preaching.
1) Money so that Rasullullah s.a.w. becomes the richest man in Arab.
2) Power so that Rasulullah s.a.w. becomes the king of Arab.
3) Women so that Rasullah s.a.w. enjoys their company at any moment.
4) Sorry I seem to forget the fourth one. When I asked Syahmi he said there were only three offerings. So yeah. Greatest apology.
Oh my nephew you know who you are, now you have come forth with a matter that has caused a havoc in our society, are you better than your forefathers? Are you better than Abdul Mutallib? - Utbah ibn RabeeahInstead of replying using his own words, Rasulullah s.a.w. recited surah alFussilat (1-36) to Utbah ibn Rabeeah. Same reaction as alWaleed was made by Utbah, he requested for Rasulullah s.a.w. to shut his mouth und stop reciting.
If we read the surah, we will understand on how the forefathers (Ad und Thamud) were treated by Allah s.w.t.
- I suggest that we read the mentioned surah(s) above und surah Alkafirun too.
- InsyaAllah I will try to make it to the next class und share more here.